Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Might makes right is Wrong

My brother Alan has put a post with a final thought that I have no idea where it came from but I am in agreement with and have thought of for such a long time.

"Might makes right." Balogney. For all of the might in this world the only true test of right is time. That is for men. From the way I see it God is the maker of right and by the Bible He tells us he raises up the evil to destroy the wicked.

Before you get the idea that evil is good remember he also tells us to do no evil thinking to do him a favor. Fact is, it is no favor to the Father at all.


Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

2 comments:

Al said...

"https"?! I'll be darned!

Anyway, as to the scripture I quoted, I'm not sure why it popped into my mind at that point either. Knocked me right off my rails, it did.

ron said...

Amazing, that god is so graceful and forgiving that he would give unto us the power to condemn. For what it is worth in my life, the last thing I ever wanted to do was to condemn. I always see the hope of improvement and try to hang on to these hopes with every thing that I have. In an absolute statement-it litterally takes God himself to make me give up any hope of improvement.
Of course I risk the accusation of looking at the world through the proverbial "rose colored glasses". This accusation used to be water off this ducks back, but I notice it is less so as my years advance. I am more prone to private fits of righteous anger.
'Right is right and wrong is wrong'. There aint no in between.