Thursday, May 17, 2007

Open or closed

You have to know when to be open to new ideas and when to be closed to them.

You can't go around living life with the idea that you have to always be open minded or closed minded. How about open hearted or closed hearted.

Who on earth today can accuse one person or the other that they should be more open minded or not when in truth they are closed minded.

People are going to be suspicious to the ideologies of people who are not doing what they preach. For instance if you demand absolute truth from everyone around you but are not giving absolute truth then you can expect people to cut you off. Funny thing about people they just inherently know that they don't want to talk with you.

My case has been the opposite that people want to talk with me so much that it is so incredibly distracting I don't get things I need or want to get done in the time frame I would like to get them done in.

On the one hand for me this is an annoyance personally but never the less by God and the Love he gives to me I always answer what I can or can figure to know.

I believe with all my heart that the best world we can live in isn't one where everyone is clamming up but one in which everyone isn't afraid to talk to each other without recriminating judgement.

Unfortunately the way things are don't make people want to talk to each other and that is a shame.

We really didn't used to be that way in this country.

A country so full of pride and egotism can't talk. Funny little conundrum ain't it.


Who can be perfect in these things I say no man alive today can be. But if people would practice the art of telling the absolute truth more this country would be better. Consequently the world would be better.

If people would stop trying to manipulate everything and everyone around to their benefit this country would be a better place and A damn site more peaceful.

I do though get a kick out of telling someone the truth which they recognize and the quizzical look on their face tells me they are trying to figure out my angle. There ain't one. I don't believe in having an angle. I do know how to bate a hook but you know what? Just because I know how to fish don't mean I'll do. I may be a fisher of men for Jesus but anything else is out of the question. It is so so funny. Probably all of their lives they have dealt with the machinations of other people and they have come to expect angles.

I never convinced anyone of anything by lying to them. I convinced them by telling them the truth. Facts, always the facts as I knew them and as I could find them. Facts. Many many times I have had to shrug my shoulder and say I do not know right now.

Want to do something new and unexpected. Tell the truth.

2 comments:

Al said...

"I do though get a kick out of telling someone the truth which they recognize and the quizzical look on their face tells me they are trying to figure out my angle. There ain't one. I don't believe in having an angle."

I've just about given up talking to anyone at all due to situations like that. Some people freak out and go apebleep, some run and tattle on you and some start plotting against you.

I JUST STATED A DAMN FACT! Or thought I did. If I'm wrong, argue with me! Prove me wrong, or give me another angle to consider.

But fear and hatred are what you get.

S&(*!

The world is full of pussies.

ron said...

lol. I figure that they have subconciously associated truth with brutality.