Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Through all of this

Never the less it is still a great urge within me to talk about Jesus. Even though I have not been working and have not had any of the main contact with people that I have from my job yet God has given me some very good moments of interaction.

I had a great conversation about serving God with a firefighter at Walmart. In fact AI had met him before and he told me that he hated to hear that I was leaving and that I had had a larger impact than I thought. He reminded me of the conversation we had had in which as a customer I had given him the calming word of a man who was following Jesus that I would get to his unit and solve the problem. He said that made such an impression on him that he began to use the very same with others and how God graced him with the same effect. I started to cry and told him that for most of my life I have worked for God without the requirement of feedback. I have especially since 1997 certainly asked God to take all of the credit and reserve none of it for me. I don't and cannot take any credit for any positive or good thing that occurs around me due to my preaching the Gospel or telling people about what God has taught me about the Kingdom of Heaven. It is very hard sometimes because under these circumstances we don't really get the feedback which tells us if we are being effective or of base. It is just anther way of placing full trust and confidence in our Mighty God. I am of course distressed at my personal situation and that God would see fit to encourage me that I am indeed doing the will and heart of God overwhelmed me. To be able to be used as tool to spread the Love of God which is life to me is what I asked for and to find out that it was bearing wonderful fruit is beyond my ability to contain my joy.

In spite of my personal problem and idiosyncrasies in spite of my weakness and my sin God still sees fit to do His good works through me this poor decrepit imperfect vessel.

Wouldn't you like to be such a tool?

All it takes is a desire to love him and when given unto you to do a commitment to him and he will do through you the works of Love that he has ordained for you to do in the fullness of joy...... absolutely indescribable joy.

No comments: