Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Money and marriage

I have read and heard many articles and reports concerning the importance of good money practices in a marriage. But no where have I seen the item discussed in the manner in which I am about to.

Money is not the be all end all in life but there are many ways a person can say 'I love you' and I want to be with you all of the rest of my life.
Though Money is not God it is a form that man uses to insure the the future of the home in which your lives, your marriage, relationship, children, are sustained and preserved. Without money a person may find themselves in the unsettling and fearful predicament of wondering about survival.

If either spouse does not find value in husbanding their finances so as to provide for the hope of their future then the spouse whom is abusing the finances like an alcoholic is subliminally saying; whether they mean to or not, that they do not care for their future, themselves, their marriage, their spouse, or their significant other, leaving the spouse that does care and is trying with the 'feeling' that though they thought they were in this thing called life not alone.....alone. It threatens their survival their lives and their physical, mental/emotional health. It is literally life threatening.

That's right I said it is "life threatening". Want me to say it again? 'OK'. It is "life threatening".

Kind of like being the jackass pulling the plow while the farmer stands on it eating a sandwich and not paying any attention as to which way they are going. Better be a smart jackass otherwise the both of you will be in trouble.

Now I've ruined it, I am laughing too hard to continue.

No comments: