Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Football

Game eight:

You will have to wait while I dig in my meager archives for this one so bear with for a minute.

Ok according to the news paper it was one sided.
It should be mentioned but I think if I remember right we beat the 'wot' out of EauClaire Memorial 38-8. Not much for me to say but they did have this gargantuan half back, but because they were so one dimensional as a team it was incredibly boring for me. Same guy up the middle for no gain all game. I pretty much was kind of hanging out over on the left side sort of watching the game from the best possible position. 15 feet away from the main action. It was like a bunch of big galoots wrastling in the middle of the field. Their problem was they were running smack into the very strongest part of our Defense. John, Larry, and Warren weighed in at an aggregate 680 lbs, benched over 1000, and squatted a total of something like 1500 lbs.. Mr McMillan was not going anywhere that way.

I think they got 2 first downs all game while our offense and special teams ran all over them.

I did get 2 complimentary assists(I put my toung in my cheek).

I do specifically remember the efforts. I got so bored sitting out there on the right side that I got a little idea. Me and Timmy Larson were kind of joking around about the game so I said to him. Watch this I am going in side and take a shot at him. You see the way they lined up was in the old famous and ancient power I formation. Where you stack all the backs one behind the other with your best athelete the furthest back. In this formation the main play is everyone charging in to the middle of the line with the idea of just bulling through. The primary running back is 10 yard off the line of scrimmage. Long way to run. I needed to take a shot at him.....I did......I cranked off at full bore and speared his left upper thigh as hard as I possibly could have..........and promptly bounced right off of that massive kids leg.
Ok. I'm gonna do this again......Same thing.....the only results I got was a momentary delay in his progress which led to him getting tackled for a loss instead of making it to the line of scrimmage.
I liked to hit but I also liked getting results. I quit that little deal there. I was getting my bell rung for nuthing practically anyway.

At the end of the game I gave thanks to God.

No comments: